Thursday, January 16, 2014

On Costco pizza, my nose, and other generally unimportant subjects.

...Well, apparently my sister is going to somehow get blisters on her tummy...at least that's what she's screaming right now with the vocal effect of a thousand howling hyenas. Its not pleasant. Ahh! She has been silenced and is now being taken to a far off realm to correct her unfortunate condition. My mom just worked her magic. Again. Aren't moms just about the best invention ever? I don't know what I would do without mine. I'd probably be more insane than I already am. If you can imagine that. Hmmm on second thought, lets forget the whole imagining thing because I doubt its healthy for your standard, normal brains.

And now for a discourse on Costco pizza. For me, Costco pizza is a ongoing and never-ending debate. I just cant figure out whether I actually like it or not. Some people love it; others, not so much. I have had it described to me as a cheesy heaven and have also had people who say that its only use is as a spare tire for one's car if one gets a flat. I think I'm somewhere in middle. I mean, it definitely tastes good, but I will grant that its texture is oftentimes awful. I eat it, and its both scrumcious and disgusting at the same time. Its kind of like food from MacDonald's. So, I guess you could say that the Costco pizza is the equivalent to the fast food burger.


Up next is my nose. Its so incredibly inconveniently large. Aside from the obvious woeful effects it has on my face, its always getting in the way. That's what really bothers me. Things are always bumping it or getting bumped by it, that honestly it is a wonder to me that it still bears roughly the same shape that a nose should. There have been countless instances when my hand has been caught on it whilst trying to make the Sign of The Cross. My theory is that its greedy for attention. I mean look at it. There it is, huge and obnoxious, right smack in the middle of my head. Its probably jealous because my forehead, belly button, and shoulders get so much attention during church. Thank goodness I don't go to the Trinatine Right very often because my nose would probably be screaming bloody murder by that point, just as all my aching arm muscles do from making the Sign of the Cross 42 times over the course of the mass. Oh, and the other day at dinner my despicable nose grabbed ahold of my fork as it was in its downward decent toward my mouth laden with mashed potatoes. I am almost sure it was because he wanted them. I wish I could fire him and hire a new one, but he seems slightly attached to his job and I don't want to make him quit because it might hurt his feelings. That's the problem with bad noses; they're like bad relatives: they're quite permanent and you just cant seems to get rid of them. Here's to hoping my greedy nose will start behaving himself because I just dedicated a whole paragraph to him. (I still cant believe I actually did, but whatever. The truth will come out sometime, so what's the use in trying to hide it? I talk to my nose.)

Oh, and something happened earlier that totally made me flip. I have no idea why, but it did. Don't laugh. Anyway. I was reading Emma today and I came across the Jane Austen quote in my precious gum packs that I told you about awhile ago. "One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." I don't know why, but I thought it was so cool.

And I've been meaning to post a writing prompt that I did awhile ago for a writing contest, so here it is:


"So it turned out that reading my sister's diary was a mistake. Here I am, now sprawling, now curled-up upon her bed. My thoughts are like a shipwreck scene from one of those old cinemas Dad used to make us watch; my only constants are muffled sobs, streaming tears, and an awful turning in my stomach.

When Dad died and she had had quit school to cover the bill for Mums, she had begun to guard her diary with an intense jealousy. So how could I have overcome my curiosity when I discovered it   unlocked on her quilt? I thought all I was going to find was the usual rot one finds in a single girl's diary, 'I adore so-and-so, but he never so much as looks at me' etc. But I was so wrong. Oh, how dreadfully wrong! She told us she had gotten a job, the job we had all been praying for, in downtown Dublin, but that was all a lie.

H--how could she have stooped to a level that low? And just for the money. I would've rather starved then for her to----  Oh, what am I to do? What can I do? To reveal would mean utter ruin; to conceal: a deep and endless guilt...."

Basically you had to start with the first sentence and then continue on for another 138 words. It had a 150 word limit. This is what I wrote, but it was over the limit by a lot, so I had to trim it down and try to patch it back together. I didn't win, but I wasn't really expecting to because this was the first thing I've done like this. Anyway. I like this version a ton better, so I thought I would post it. (and stop sniggering)

See ya,

-Thomas
 
  


7 comments:

  1. how did you're nose get in the way of eating? dude, bro, its above the mouth. some of the the things you do i just cannot understand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pray tell. How does that even happen??

      Delete
    2. Please guys, just don't ask because I have no idea...just be thankful you weren't there. XD

      Delete
  2. THOMAS IF YOU JUST LEFT ME A MESSAGE FROM "JAMEIS O'SHAUNNESSY" AND HE ISN'T YOU I'M GOING TO GRILL YOU ALIVE.
    Actually I'm probably just going to go grey before I graduate highschool. BUT STILL.
    Like seriously I know you like to play pranks and stuff but I AM LOSING MY MIND AND IT'S MOSTLY YOUR FAULT.
    You have some serious explaining to do and you can start now before my hair falls out.
    Come on this isn't fair I'm only human!
    ~Josie

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'm not Jamey.....I kind of lied. (surprise) Sorry. But how did you find out he wasn't me? Did HE tell you? Ahhh. He must have. I'm also wondering if I'm still going to be grilled alive because I don't really get what the premises are....if I'm not him then how could I have left a message from him? Please clarify because, although I don't value my life particularly high, being grilled alive does not sound overly pleasant. That being said, I think I should probably now say that I did write the message and the writing prompt and that Jameis doesn't exist apart from being the name of my junk mail google account. I am really sorry if it did actually cause stress--I probably went to far...just so know I'm not totally heartless, I wasn't all that comfortable with it after I had sent it to you, and I was thinking that about deleting it, but it goes directly to your email, (at least that's what happens with mine) so it was too late. And you're right, it really isn't fair; it wont happen again. Maybe you could look at this one as a fan experience though....now you know how John feels when Sherlock pranks him....isn't that great? (sorry again) Seriously though, what's with you and loving stuck up and jerkface-y characters?....I think you may have a condition.

    -Thomas, who is feeling stupid now too, if that's any help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAH I knew it.
      Okay fine I won't grill you. But I seriously wouldn't have put it past you just to create a whole new Gmail account simply to confuse me. A diabolical scheme, if there ever was w=one.
      BUT I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE and it shall be glorious. I will prank you so badly that your teeth will fall out. Soon....

      OH COME ON I know that being pranked isn't great I totally can sympathize with John and I would most likely hate Sherlock in real life. Yes, I have a condition, it's called attractive-brainy-and-charming-british-actor-itis and it's a terrible condition and it's hard to shake and I have a thing for bad guys I can't help it. XD

      So summing that up: I SUPPOSE I forgive you. XD But I'm still going to get you back somehow.
      Have fun at the Walk--Don't die or anything!

      Delete
    2. Well that's quite a relief. Thanks for being so magnanimous. ;) Just so you know, it wasn't a diabolical scheme....it actually started out a quite nice one....tell you about it some other time.

      XD.I'm sort of actually looking forward to your revenge because I'm curious to see what you're going to do.

      I know you can sympathize with John. You are, after all, human. I was just making fun of your obsession. Kind of. To both his and your credit, though, Cumberbatch is a BRILLIANT actor.

      Oh, well it WAS my plan to jump off of the top of the Golden Gate Bridge because you aren't coming, but now I guess I might have to reconsider my plans.,,,XD

      Delete