1st Fridays are pretty much insane. Even if its just a normal 1st Friday. But today is going to be nuts because its St. Nicks day (no, I quite surprisingly did not get coals this time....I did 2 years ago though....it was the best*) and there's a seminar. So, from about 8:30 till 10 tonight, I will be occupied. Speaking of crazy, there's a Christmas dance tomorrow and that'll be super fun too. In short, I'm excited for this weekend. Because, as we all know, crazy equals fun and fun equals good.
Its still incredibly cold outside. Note, outside......my wonderful miracle working mother got the heater working.....so now its nice and toasty. Its another matter on the other side of out front door. This other dance that I was going to go to was cancelled due to inclement weather. Since when has that happened? Its annoying. I like cool weather and sweaters and such, but this is too cold for the likes of me....at least in the shade.....the sun is super bright, so if one stands in it, it makes the cold survivable.
I get cold easily. During lifeguard camp, I would shiver so hard its a wonder I have any teeth left. Some of my family seem to be able to survive and even thrive in this weather that chills me to and through the bones. And I think the reason for my problems is that I am built like a super-model. And no, not a guy super model. I don't mean 0% body fat, roughly translated as skin and muscles, I mean the other kind....0% body fat and skin and bones....I mean the kind that strut around in the most ridiculous looking dresses. And so the core of my body has almost no insulation. Which is great for living in Southern California, but SoCal seems to have packed its bags and been booted out by its cold and mean great-grandmother, Indiana, so my body type is not at the present time optimal.....All I want for Christmas is a survival layer....or maybe two.
Wellllllllllllll, I guess that's all folks....Y'all get a half day today.
Happy St. Nick's!!!!
Thomas, who thinks even coins are better when chocolate....brown is the new gold.
No comments:
Post a Comment