....Well, as much as it can in California. :( But it definitely is beginning to FEEL like Christmas. Like, a bunch of stressed out people (otherwise known as parents and older siblings) running all over the place, getting last second presents, making last second preparations, and losing their tempers, not every last second... pretty much every second....its times like this where I just want to get last rights and somehow conveniently die. I hate hectic times. Except when I'm the one creating them, of course. ;)
In all seriousness though, I really do love Christmas and the Christmas spirit. At this time of year people are just so much more friendly--its so nice. Oh, and the smiles on people's faces, and the cheerful, Merry Christmases that bring them on--its so heartwarming.
Yesterday, some of my friends and I had the wonderful opportunity to bring both Christmas dinner and presents to three families in need. One of the visits really stands out. We all drove to this awful trailer park. It was trashy and the trailers were extremely small. The mom and dad were on the porch, thanking us to no end and joining in with us as we sang Hark! The Herald Angels Sing! between sobs and tears of joy. It was such a powerfully beautiful moment that I was overwhelmed and teared up a bit....only real men cry.
Its times such as that that make Christmas so special. Those moments in which we bring the love of the newborn Christ to those who need it so very desperately. It can be as simple as a cheerful 'Merry Christmas!' or as complicated as getting Christmas dinner for a needy family, but the end is still the same: to bring a new joy and a new light into peoples lives, just as Jesus brought new joy and light into the world on that cold winter night, over two thousand years ago.
Anyway. After we delivered the stuff to the needy families, we went to a friend's house to make gift bags for needy children, and then had a pizza party. Which was fun, but I kind of was on some kind of high or something and I was totally insane, so if any of the people who were there are reading this, my apologies.
And I was going to go on a rant of some sorts, but I think I'll save that for later. In the meantime, Merry Christmas my friends, and a very happy new year!
Oh, And here's a link to the flash mob that I went to, but barely missed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xagijq3_-s4
....they sounded so good! So its probably a good thing I wasn't there. XD
Feliz Navidad!
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment