So apparently my sister just got engaged. Like, to be married engaged. All I san say is, finally. =P I honestly don't know how to react. Should I be happy, relieved, sad, scared? Should I celebrate or mourn? Oh, I just hate decisions. Anyway. I suppose at this point I should say that I'm happy for them and that they are such a wonderful couple and that they are going to have the cutest babies etc. Hah! That reminds me, I'm gonna be an uncle guys. Is THAT COOL OR WHAT? So, yeah. My sister is engaged. Its kinda weird.
In other news, its Dec. already. What happened to 2013? It was just like boom, bang, flash, and it was gone. But at the same time so many things have happened. All I can say is that time is a weird thing.
And last night was just about the best time I've had in ages. You see, I was really bummed out because break, up to that point, had been really lame because my awesome friend who organizes everything had to ditch and go to Arizona, of all places. And honestly, last night started out pretty lame. My friend and I just biked over to our two other buddies' house and helped them with their chores. Then we all went down to main street and chilled on a bench....still pretty lame. It was getting dark and we were deciding what to do next, when someone was like, we should make pizza! Then I was like, yes! And then we all biked up to my house. To make things even better, my parents were gone, so everything would be a surprise for them. One of my friends made the dough, one of them was the toppings fryer, one of them was the preparer, and I made the sauce. It worked out perfectly. They were so good. We went crazy. There were stuffed crusts, thin crusts, buttered and seasoned crusts. It was amazing. But the highlight of the night wasn't even the pizza
It happened like this. The doughmaker friend made an insane amount of dough. (If you know my bros, I bet you can guess which one he is.) like enough for 8 or 9 pizzas. We decided we weren't gonna make that many, so there was a ton of extra dough. There was extra bacon as well. And beside the bacon there was a pan filled with boiling bacon/sausage fat in it. So I took a bit of bacon, rolled it up in the dough, and plopped it in the pan. The result was the best-tasting-thing-pretty-much-ever. I made a bunch of them and they were our appetizers. Just imagine a unsweetened doughnut/funnel cake just out of the fryer. With bacon in it. And cheddar cheese sprinkled on top. They were the best. And I must say, I'm a genius. ;)
Anyway. It was amazing. And after we cleaned the kitchen, we went to another friend's house and chilled late into the night.
I love my friends so much. But I'm starting to realize that my dream of everybody getting along well probably isn't possible. Its the annoying truth. People will be people. That being said, I want to give a shout out to a certain person who's efforts in combining two of the three or four clicks that I hang out with, have been awesome and because they've been so great, (your efforts) this semester has been great as well. And thanks for putting up with all of our oddities. Your trooper-ness never ceases to amaze me.
The end.
Happy First Sunday of Advent peoples!
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment