Thursday, December 5, 2013

I thought I Lived In California.

Its freezing! Literally freezing. Like, so cold that if it had rained last night it wouldn't have rained, it would have snowed. I think the low for last night was 22 degrees. 22 freaking degrees! I thought I lived in SoCal, the land of palm trees and sunshine; the land of swimsuits and bro-tanks; the land of Malibu and The Beach Boys. But now I live in the land of wishing I had UGGs, a trench coat, those funny things you put on your ears that look like warm, fluffy headphones, and a scarf.  Seriously, what is this? Pretty much my goal in life right now in to not let my toes go numb. It also doesn't help that our heater is out of order at the present, for reasons that I think are best to be kept privet.

So. I had this really deep, interesting topic that I was going to write on, but it has escaped my mind, so you guys can now breathe a long and deep cumulative sigh of relief.

Instead I'm just going to be randomly writing different combinations of letters for the next few.

Here we go.

Did you know that you, the readers (I least I hope its readers and reader) of this blog are extremely privileged. You see, if you didn't read the whole of my posts and just looked at the titles of them on some social media site, you most probably would either be in a state of shock right now, or will have died of a heart attack. Are you beginning to see what I'm getting at? Think of the last two titles this blog.....I hate waiting so I'll give them to you now: 'I got engaged last night' and 'Embarking on a journey (and babies)'

That was totally by accident. And I only realized the problem after it was too late. For all I know, people might have gotten the impression that I was involved in some sort of scandal, and had eloped with my soon to be wife and a pair of twins. But you the faithful readers know that that is not the case. I must say it is a somewhat awkward position for me, though.....I can just see meeting one of the people that I don't really know, but somehow am connected to on social media foe the first time....Oh hi Thomas, I thought you had gone off to Ireland or something with your wife, its good to meet you though!.....yeah, that would be awkward.

And that reminds me. A little while back, a friend told me that I seem to have an awfully large propensity for getting into awkward situations. I guess she, not surprisingly...she one of those people who is like ALWAYS right, was correct. I mean, a couple weeks ago I got into an extremely awkward situation because my brother was shooting people with a wristband at a party. These situations, although you'd think I would be a pro of handling them by now, still leave me a in a sort of dazed state asking the questions, What? Why? Howww? Me?

Oh, my 'journey' is going along rather nicely so far. I'm about 200 pages into it and its much much better than Bleak House. I still am under the impression that Dickens was paid by the word though.

Ok, school beckons, and, as I am a slave of duty, ;) I shall now take me leave.....my new favorite saying is,  If thinking about being industrious made one industrious, I would get so much done.

..Its quite perfect, I think.

Oh, and I was going to rant about how annoying it is that google automatically shares these posts to google+, but its too late now. Whatever.



Wishing you all a very therapeutic Thursday....don't ask me what that means.

-Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment