Saturday, December 28, 2013

Waiting for the water to boil.

And no, its unfortunately not for tea. I (still) have a staph infection in my adenoids, so I (still) have to do nasal rinsing's. (for more info go to the post list and one of my first posts was on that unpleasant subject)  Anyway. My mom keeps forgetting to buy distilled water so I have to boil it and then let it cool.

So. This brings me to a hopefully short rant. You see, a couple of my friends have been really obnoxious about my being sick lately, and a) because I don't much like serious confrontations and b) because the dude(s) in question probably wouldn't take me seriously, I am going to rant on this my most useful blog. My apologies in advance.

Whenever I go and play pickup sports with them, I say I have to go easy and I take breaks; both because the only way I can convince my mom to let me come is to promise her that I will and because, quite frankly, I need to. The response that I get from two of my friends, in particular, pretty much boils down to: Yeah right, you're just making that up so you don't have to play hard and blah blah blah. It really really annoys and bugs me.

I might be overreacting and in the end it doesn't matter what people think, and they are probably (at least I hope) not being totally serious, but I strongly dislike it when they do it. Let me explain. I have pretty much felt like trash since April. There have been a couple of weeks when I've felt close to good, but on the whole its been consistently bad. And I LOVE being active and love playing hard. I'm a triathlete for pete's sakes. For me its like my body has pinned me down and trapped me in a little cage these past eight months. On a normal day, I cant even shoot hoops for 5 min without my throat flaring up, getting winded, and having pools of awful sticky mucus form in my mouth, let alone go on 11 mile runs and do 2 1/2 hour workouts. That, coupled with the pressure from having sponsors and commitments, is pretty darn frustrating. I feel like I am letting everyone down and yet I have no way of fixing the situation. Add to that the fact that, if I hadn't gotten sick, I would have had a good chance of podiuming at the World Championships and you have the recipe for one super frustrated and discouraged dude. And so, when my friends*, who should normally be helping me through this battle, tell me that they think its all fake, its pretty hurtful and not at all fun. I don't see why just because I put on a smile and try to keep upbeat; just because I keep my struggles and frustrations to myself; just because I love my friends and life so much I wont let my being sick wreck everything; that just because I'm not a wimp, I'm called one.

Ok. Sorry about that drama, but its been heating up for awhile now and in the last few days it really has boiled over. It feels good to complain to the internet. Its very therapeutic. Anyway. I really would appreciate a quick prayer. I know that good heath is hiding, growing somewhere in my future. Its just, not unlike myself, quite stubborn in nature and it doesn't want to boil over into my life. But the man upstairs can move even the most stubborn, so if you could shoot a quick message up to him on my behalf, I would be really thankful for that.


In other news, I still love all my friends and my life, I am hopefully going ice skating tomorrow, and its the 4th day of Christmas.

So I should probably go rinse my nose and get to bed.

Hope this post finds you in good spirits and I promise I'll do a unserious post next time! :D


-Thomas

*I know I would be doing the same if I were in your shoes, so no hard feelings. Plus, I can see why you might think its all fake, but I assure you, its not....I'm just an amazing actor. =P But really. No hard feelings. Its all good.



No comments:

Post a Comment