My apologies in advance, but I really need to get some thingies out.
My first complaint victim is Peter Jackson. Here is my open letter to him:
Seriously man, I know you read this blog; I know you're listening. So. Listen up: You had me waiting for this movie for a whole year. So it had better have been amazing. And, to put it simply, it wasn't. Although it did have its moments, (the Master, the Necromancer, and Smaug, among others) you totally butchered a pleasant and fun story.
Mr. Jackson, your back round is in special effects, not story telling, and that really was painfully clear this time around. You are trying (with emphasis on the TRYING) to make a simple adventure story into an epic, and woefully failing. The special effects were amazing and riveting, but they made it so the movie was more about them then the actual story. The Hobbit isn't about special effects . Its a heartwarming story filled with courage and adventure. You changed the story so very much, my friend, and you couldn't make your story fit and meld together well because you are, as I have previously mentioned, not a storyteller. What really makes this annoying is that its all about the money. If it was just you being naïve and making un-purposeful mistakes, that might have made this disgustingness pardonable, but we all know that money is behind all this. That's what makes it so annoying.
Signed,
A disappointed Hobbit fan.*
Moving on.....
Ok. Yesterday I had to go to a baptism and at the reception there were no people my age. I had to mingle with adults. And I thought I had coped pretty well. Until, as I was leaving, I looked at my hand. (no, that's not a typo;)) It was all blue....I had been unknowingly mangling and tearing apart a blue paper cup all conversation long. Ugh. Why? Just why?
Then this morning, after a late-ish night, my parents made me get up and serve the early morning mass. That's already pretty bad. But on top of that, they had to go to a later mass at a different church, so my brothers and I had to walk ALL THE WAY HOME.
Oh, and awkward hugs. 'Nuff said, I think.
I was going to go on this huge rant about opinions, but I think I'll save that for later--It needs a whole post to itself. So instead I'm quickly going to hate on the 'insert' button. Or rather, the dude who designed my keyboard and put it directly above the 'backspace' button. You see, I am an awful typist. So when I am writing or emailing I make a ton of typos. The 'backspace' button and I are therefore very well acquainted. You have no idea how many emails I have 'edited' whilst having 'insert' on. Its usually not THAT bad because the nice little red underline usually pops up, I disable 'insert' and I just have to start my editing over again...not all that bad. The worst is when you add a modifier to a sentence to make it either more clear or more funny and it is the exact same length as the object it's modifying....the nice red stuff doesn't pop up and the recipient if left with a modifier and no object in need of modification....and is totally confused and/or is left thinking that I'm a total idiot.....You have no idea........the insert button......We hates it me precious, ahhhh yes, we hates it very much....can we squeeeeeeeeeze it, me precious?
Okay. Enough complaining for today. It is, after all, Gaudate Sunday, so I should be happy, you should be happy, everyone should be happy. BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and wear pink)
-Thomas
*Really wasn't that that bad....it was just that bad.....I have mixed feelings about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment