So. Let's get started then, shall we?
They say the person(s) who you would least like to meet, at any given moment, is usually the one you end up meeting. Well, the likelihood of that happening increases (it almost seems exponentially) as the population of the said community decreases. As my community is crazy small, its seems that every time I do or say something that isn't meant for a person to hear or see, the afore mentioned person sees it or hears of it.
...Like there was this one time when I couldn't find any of my other running shorts, so I had to wear this awful pair that pretty much had the effect of a baggy mini-skirt. I went on my run around dinner time as to avoid any run-ins (haha...not) with acquaintances. Everything was going fine, until I ran into a family that was out of their evening walk. It wasn't any ordinary family either. The mom was like a living Miss Manners, and the dad was like some kind of stern, puritan patriarch: complete with a beard, scary eyes, and straight-as-a-ramrod countenance. She had a walking shawl on, and he an overcoat. They seriously could have been out of a 19th century artist's painting titled "An evening stroll"....and there I was. In my mini-
Oh, and there was that one time when I wanted some excitement while my friend, my brother, and I were having a snack. So I took the can of cookies my brother was holding and ran off with it, making it seem like I wasn't going give them back. Before I knew it, I was sprinting down the side of our local highway with two macho men hot on my heels. It was like some thing out of a movie and was so much fun. But then a mom of some of my friends (ones that I was just getting to know at the time) drove by....you should have seen her face.....I wonder what she thinks of me.
Anyway. Things get interesting in our little community. But its all good. I think its probably the best in the world.....I wish some people would get along better sometimes, and there are people who get pretty annoying sometimes, but don't we all?
In other news, there's only one week till Christmas guys! ONE WEEK!! So stoked!
But I realized yesterday that there are a couple of people who still are in need of presents.....just when you think you have everything covered, more people pop into your mind....
Try to stay sane peoples!
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment