I for some reason woke up really early this morning, and even though I have no idea what in the heck I'm going to write about, I thought I would come on here and kill some time.
I would do a post on time, but I already did that. So, what do to. Hmmmmm
Oh, I could talk about what I did all day Friday. Yes, I think I shall.
So, you know how I went to see that amazing movie on Thursday? Well, when I got home that night, my mom informed me that we were going to some museum. And because it was the Pasadena, we had to get up at a little after 7 in the morning.
As you might imagine, that didn't get things off to a good start. When my dad came in to wake me up, I opened my eyes and started screaming/whining, WHY? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYY? over and over again. When we got to the museum, (the Huntington Library was the name, I think) we were greeted by one of the museum directors, who was taking us on a private tour. She gave us an opening talk in which she described all the museum, including a description of their Chinese garden. (the biggest such garden outside of Beijing) She told us that all the stuff was manufactured in, and imported from, China. I had a little bit of an attitude because the early morning, so all that was going through my head was, Oh really? Wow! Made in China. No way. Sorry to break this to you, my rich lady, but a majority of the stuff we normal people buy is made in China, so that's really not all that exciting.
We then got started off on our tour. Which was of a gallery dedicated to Junipero Serra and that was pretty interesting. We then went to an artificial tropical rainforest, and then we went to the Chinese garden. It was pretty cool. It was like you were living in one big cup of tea, it smelled that good. And when we got to the part with the buildings, it was like being on the set of Kung Fu Panda.
After that we went to the Library, which was probably the highlight of the trip because it had a ton of cool books and manuscripts, and I had two hands for about a half an hour. It was a weird but cool experience. I decided that I liked one hand better, though, because it felt more normal, so I ditched having two hand and left.
And that was my Fri.
Happy Sunday in the octave of Christmas!!!!
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment