...I'm so loving it right now. Anyway. I WAS on a roll with this blog, and then I missed yesterday. I hope you guys, however unlikely it may be, survived yesterday without any major emotional trauma.
But I was gone pretty much all day yesterday, so I have a somewhat legitimate excuse. I was just sitting down to write a post when a friend called to see if we could hangout at a coffee shop downtown, and after that I was pretty much gone till I got home at 12:30 last night.
And this kind of brings me to a little mini-rant coffee shop lingo. I don't do coffee shops very often, so when I do, I stand looking at the menu and don't know what the heck to order. Its seriously a whole different language. I order one thing, naïvely expecting the something that I think I ordered, and then something totally different comes. I remember one time at Starbucks I ordered something, expecting it to be a blended mocha. All I got for my 7 bucks (ever wonder why they call it StarBUCKS?) was a little cup with some flavored foam in it. I mean, I could have gone home and washed my coffee pot with dish soap and gotten pretty much the same effect.
Yesterday was a great day. For the first part of it I was babysitting with my oldest-best friend. (his little sibs) And we had some pretty amazing Nerf wars. I hadn't done that for years, and it was so much fun. Really, it was. Then there was the coffee shop thing which was really nice and chill. After that there was a holy hour, which was amazing, of course. Ahhh and then there was the caroling party. The caroling was fun, but most of the people didn't open their doors...peeps are so lame nowadays. But the after-party was a ton of fun. And after pretty much everyone left, there was just my brother, another dude, the girls whose house the party was at, and yours truly, talking around the fire pit for about an hour. We had a really great conversation. We talked about books, plays, movies, (I bet you can guess one of them) and college plans. It was nice because the dude that was not my brother and I used to be really close friends, but in recent years, we've gone our separate ways, so to speak and I think having a good conversation with him was a most fortuitous thing.
I was going to talk quite chees-ily about friendship and some other stuff, but my mom just called and told me to do some chores, so I guess I'll be talking to you later.
Adios mi amigos virtuales!.....Spanish one didn't get me very far.....oh well.
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment