Monday, December 9, 2013

Yet Another Weekend Gone; Yet Another Painful Week Ahead.

Seriously though. How is time flying by so quickly? And how do the days seem so dreadfully long? It seems just yesterday I was wishing y'all a happy Dec. and now we are already about a third of the way through it. My last classes of the semester are tomorrow. So many things have happened and changed. And yet so many things haven't. Life is a paradox that I haven't quite figured out. And this brings us back to time again because time, although it is in itself a paradox, is the only constant (besides God, of course) we have that helps us solve the paradox of life. Which seems paradoxical in nature as well. In fact, pretty much everything we come to know is least a little paradoxical, it seems. I guess in the end, everything boils down to and flows through the ultimate paradox, God.

Time really is a funny thing though. It is said to be the greatest healer of hurts, but it honestly can be the opposite too. My theory is that the person who came up with that saying was of two things: either a really forgiving person, or a person with a case of dementia. I mean, isn't is possible that time can also be the worst infection for a wounded heart? I imagine if something happened that really deeply hurt me, time could just as soon be the spoon that stirs the pot of sadness and hatred, keeping it from letting the fire of love burn it off; as it could be the hole drilled in the side, letting that awful mess drain out the pot and making love's work much, much easier. It all depends on the person who is hurt's state and disposition. (Luckily, that's never happened to me, so I've never had a problem with forgiving people.....It also probably helps that I know that the people I know put up with a lot, so when things don't go exactly as planned, I know I owe them one....or two....or three...and so on)

Sorry people, here I am thinking out loud again. Seriously. This kind of thing gets me into so much trouble. Sometimes, in fact, LOTS of times, I wish I could take my foot and shove it up my mouth. Permanently.

That would, however, make triathloning both inconvenient and difficult, so I think you all will have to live with my mouth until I find a solution. Maybe a should think before I open it.....but think about how boring thinking before talking would make things, I say. And nothing interesting would happen because I probably wouldn't say much of anything. Oh whatever.

Anyhoo. I'm wondering if anyone saw NBC's LIVE production of The Sound of Music last Thursday. And if so, if it was any good. I've seen some clips of it on YouTube, and it seems well done, but its only the singing parts and as Carrie Underwood played Maria, I'm somewhat skeptical of the non-singing parts, or in other words, the parts when she has to actually act. If you've ever seen the movie Soul Surfer, you'll know why.  But even if it wasn't great, it was still a cool idea. And a little bit crazy. Performing a musical once, live on television, with the whole world as an audience. Yeah, kinda crazy, if you ask me. But also brilliant because it probably made it so much more compelling to watch. Which is probably why it got the highest rating NBC had gotten on a Thursday night (excluding sports) since '09.

^that was random.

Well, that's all for now.

-Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment