Saturday, December 7, 2013
A Seminar And Sappiness +extras
So I went to a seminar last night. And it was pretty good.....a little chaotic at times, but all in all it was fine. We didn't talk about what I wanted to talk about (which was the main point of the book, of course ;) very much though, so that wasn't great. I also have this problem with seminars because I like to talk more about what the author was trying convey and more theoretical stuff whereas it seems like a lot of the people like talking about color of the sky etc..... its blue, duh! Ok, its usually not that bad, but I think you get the point. Anyway. When they talk about all the factual boring stuff, I quickly lose interest and my mind goes elsewhere....last night that 'going elsewhere' was helped because I was sitting next to a friend who was trying to make yo mamma jokes the whole time. All in all it was definitely above average though, (the seminar, NOT the yo mamma jokes) and the book was pretty really good.
Ok. And I love my friends so much. Last night one of them came up to me and said 'Hah! Thomas, I just realized that you shouldn't use and public restrooms because the guys on the signs have two arms.' I know you're probably thinking that they are really mean and that I'm crazy for liking them....maybe I am, but that's a conversation for another day. Anyway. This kind of humor seems to be all of my (guy) friends favorite....every time I make a mistake when I'm playing sports, they're like, 'Two hands Thomas, use both your hands' And you know what the funny thing is? I love it and absolutely wouldn't have it any other way. And when people forget that I don't have two hands and ask me to do something (one of those stupid hand clap things or something) that is logistically impossible to do with one hand.....that's the best. I just crack up on the inside when that happens. Sometimes its hard not to crack up on the outside when they start apologizing. Hahah, its the best.
Its that kind of treatment that has made me the person that I am. No one has ever cut corners for me or given me breaks. To me, I'm no different than anyone else. And the reason for that is: no one has ever treated me like I'm different. Growing up, I had to do the same amount of chores as my brothers and sisters. In fact, it seemed like more. But again, that is a different conversation. You have no idea how thankful I am for that, and its makes me sad to see parents who baby their 'disabled' kids....they think they are helping them, but in reality all they are doing is crippling them. And my friends and siblings as well. You guys are and were the reason I feel no different than any other person. If you didn't pick on me, that would label me as different and so in my mind I would be different as well. But I'm not, thanks to you guys.
Honestly, the way I see it, I'm really not even physically different....not anymore than anyone else is.....I have an undersized, oddly shaped arm....That boy over there has an oversized stomach, and that girl has an oddly shaped face. There's really no difference. And, me being the vain person that I am, would much rather have a deformed arm rather than a deformed face.* (or belly, or that matter)
END SAPPY PART.
Now for the extras.
I went to the mall to do a flash mob. But we missed it. Then I went to a skate exhibition, and then I played football. Now, I shall go get ready for a dance.
GB!
-Thomas.
*Not being totally serious in this section and it was not meant to be at all degrading. I really do think it gets an important point over quite nicely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment