Monday, December 30, 2013

Go green with packing bubbles.

....and nothing else. Before I get into that, though, I have one semi-complaint and a little health update. Okay, last night I was planning on going to see Walter Mitty again with my sister and some friends, but my other sister brought home her fiancé, so we had to have a 'family dinner' and it took forever. The result was that we couldn't go. Oh well. Another time, I guess. Plus, it was a nice dinner and I love my family, so whatever.

I spent all morning at the doctor's office. Again. And then another hunk of time waiting to get blood drawn. Again. Its not much fun, but hopefully these tests will at least get us on the right track....here's to keeping my fingers crossed.

I don't know about you, but I do almost all my Christmas shopping online. That means that when the presents come, they come in boxes. And inside the boxes are packing bubbles. The thing, though, is that they don't really use bubbles anymore, they use big air cylinder thingies.

I bring this up because I think they're probably the only 'green' advancement that is as good, or maybe even better, as their un-green predecessors. Take plastic cutlery. The forks are so flimsy, I'm somewhat surprised when they can get through and successfully 'fork' dishes such as mac'n cheese. Speaking of dishes, the plates too. They seems to dissolve when one puts anything on it more substantial than white rice. The list goes on and on: the bags rip, the boxes bend, and the detergents don't deter anything but cleanliness. Among this heap of eco failures there stands, alone on a golden pedestal, the packing bubble-turned cylinder.

In fact, I think I like the eco packing cylinders more than the old school bubble-wrap. Bubble-wrap is classic, but the BOOM you get from the cylinders is way better than the lame little pops you got from the bubble-wrap as a little kid. And with the cylinders you can get a variety of sounds, depending on how you let the air out. Its amazing. And I love it. Yes, I still pop the packing air. Yes, I need to grow up. But no, I don't want to.

Also, I think I would probably die from depression if toast and jam got banned. A nicely browned piece of sourdough bread, with homemade raspberry jam....that's the food I'm going to eat after the second coming.....random much? Yes, but that's just how I am, so you'll just have to live with it. :P

I need to get to work, so I'll be seeing you later. Well, probably not, but whatever.....I Hate technicalities.

-------------Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment