Sunday, December 15, 2013

Just Quickly....

....A complaint observation. Today was my cousin's birfday. His 21st birfday, no less. (Happy b-day man! even though I know you don't read this) So we naturally went to our town's pub. I was a good boy and didn't have anything to drink except Sprite. Not because I'm a good boy, though....because I don't very much like alcohol. So. It was pretty fun. But when we decided we wanted to go, we didn't go.  Because there was a tab that needed to be figured out. There were about 15 of us TAC people, and it took those brilliant intellectuals over half an hour to get the tab taken care of.  The waiter was super nice about it...he only made one comment. I just wanted to go hide in a corner. At one point one of the guys' (while he was breaking down the chemical components of the receipt, most probably....I mean what else could have taken him so long?) billiard thingamabob-stick-things fell with a huge crash, (he had propped it on the side of the table so he could study the receipt) so of course everyone was like, c'mon Joe. He was like, Its wasn't me, it was the stick!. Then someone started yelling about how a stick was a so-and-so kind of being and so it therefore couldn't have passions....I was just thinking a) Am I really going to become one of these? and b) Can I shoot myself, like right now?....not because I'm going to TAC next year....it was just the moment....it was mortifying....

Seriously though. This receipt ordeal has cemented my belief that if everyone went to TAC (or a similar school) the world would stop spinning. I mean, we people are so impractical. Nothing would ever get done. When I was small, I thought everyone should go to TAC, but really, its not for everyone. Its for a certain special kind of person (....translated: weird people.)  And us weird people need the driven-to-get-my-career-and-degree-and-get-rich-and-going-on-with-life people to do the practical stuff while we have fun pondering receipts and theories and generally doing nothing topographically (I know that meaning doesn't exactly fit, but whatever..it sounds cool) important.

Have a big post coming up foe y'all tomorrow, so stay tuned.....


-Thomas, who really needs to get going with his Christmas shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment