Two exciting things have happened to me lately, so I might as well share them with you....
First, its pretty much official that I'm going to be an assistant coach for the swim team that I swim with....not sure if its public new though, so don't tell anyone about it. (soon its going to be, swam with...its a mixed bag of emotions) I'm not really sure how to feel about it. Its exciting, but at the same time a little daunting and a little sad. I mean, I'm going to be in charge of about 20 little kids, and its on me to make sure they become the best swimmers they can possibly be. All I can say is, this is gonna be interesting. And about the sad part. As much as I hate to admit it, if I hadn't joined HVA I would in no way be where I am in life. Swimming for them for the past 7 years has been a huge part of my life, and its going to be strange being on the 'other' side.
Second, I got the formal invite to be on the CAF Elite Team again and a tentative race schedule. 2014 will bring me to Austin, Dallas, Chicago, San Diego, and Edmonton (Canada.) As well as possibly some additional international races. I'm super excited to see what this next year has rolled up its sleeve and I'm hoping with all my might that I can get healthy and stay healthy this time around. I'm also really humbled to be asked to be on the team again. The team is full a of great athletes, national champions, world champions, and word record holders...its an honor to wear the same uniform with them. And I also want to thank all of the awesome sponsors that signed on for a second year--we obviously couldn't do this without your support. (you can check them out at the 'sponsors and supporters' tab) To sum up: I'm super thankful and super stoked!
I guess I might as well share a picture of the team:

"A skinny little white kid hanging with a bunch of studs
....Be thankful I didn't do one of the ones in the spandex race kits.
I also finished Out of the Silent Planet last night, and it was amazing. Lewis takes the reader on an intellectual roller coaster. He makes you think he is trying to get one point across and you think you have everything figured out, but then your ideas are totally shaken up when he takes you around a sharp bend and when all the dust settles, you realize you were wrong and have a entirely new idea of what the author is trying to teach you. Its crazy and wonderful at the same time.
Bedsides that, life is just plugging along at its boring, normal pace. So I guess that's it.
Happy plugging along!
-Thomas, who is at the present a confused person and who really needs to figure stuffs out.
No comments:
Post a Comment